I am planning out moving the Confluence database from a SQL Server 2012 instance into a SQL Server 2019 instance. The current version of Confluence is at 6.11.0 and I was wondering if there were any suggestions to the upgrade path or if it was safe to jump straight into the 7.x versions?
However, the bigger question I have is the route to take for migrating between SQL Server versions. The last supported version on SQL 2012 is 7.3, which does not support SQL 2019.
- Should I move the 6.11 version to SQL 2019 and upgrade from that instance?
- Should I upgrade the 6.11 version to 7.3, move to SQL 2019, then upgrade to the latest 7.x? (possibly decreasing compatibility issues)
- I feel it is safe to assume that I cannot upgrade to 7.x on the SQL 2012 machine, then move it into SQL 2019, but throwing it out there.
Thank you ahead of time for the assist!