Jira migration happened from local private Datacenter to AWS instance, but the private filters and dashboards are not migrated because configuration manager cannot do it.
Any ideas how we can do it?
Thanks,
Vijay
Hi @vijay gopalan
Which config manager are you using?
If you have data centre on both private server and AWS, could you use a full system backup and restore to move the whole system.
Or alternatively make the filters and dashboards temporarily public. It's possible to bulk change the permissions via scripts.
Thanks Tom.
We have on premise Jira and we are moving to AWS cloud. My admin team says that it is not possible to do a full system backup and restore.
We have designed and agreed on migrating the projects in big bang approach based on the the project request team. and also Decided to move all 1200 + projects to Jira on Cloud
The private filters were made public and attempted to migrate.
It appears that this is not working for Personal Dashboards.
Do you know how we can move Personal Dashboards? I am still trying to find the configuration manager that we are using.
@Tom Lister :
Project Configuration version (CMJ)
version 6.10.7
Do you know how we can move Personal Dashboards?
Thanks,Vijay
HI @vijay gopalan
Are you moving to your own AWS hosted data centre or to the Atlassian Cloud environment (also AWS under the hood I believe )?
The Botron CMJ tool is very project centric so is only presenting items to select based on a link detected to selected projects.
For the dashboards, you could try updating the sharing options to include a project. I'd suggest creating a dummy project just for the purpose of migration to avoid creating unwanted data shares.
Similarly filters probably need to have some "project =/in" clause to be included by Botron. But sharing the filter with the dummy project should also be an option.
If you have 1200 projects, I suspect the volumes of private data may be a bit high to do this manually.
if you have scriptrunner, I have written scripts to change filter permissions in the past. I will try and find an example to post here.
Have you raised a ticket on the vendors site for advice?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.