Can I create a custom field in user profiles? For example, we would like to capture the user's title and/or the product for which the user is working on.
No, custom fields are for issues only.
The closest you can get off-the-shelf is that users can have properties associated with them, but only admins can set them, and you need a plugin to expose them outside the user profile/admin screen.
Thanks Nic! I am am an admin. Which plug in? Is it available for OnDemand?
Sorry, I really should have said - it's the "Jira Toolkit", which is a) free and b) available in OnDemand.
Thanks. We actually do have the Jira Toolkit. Still unable to figure out how to add a custom field to a user profile...is it adding a Key to the properties? I have tried that but it does not seem searchable or visible any place.
You can add user custom fields via Project Team plugin. See https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.stonikbyte.jira.plugins.project-team-plugin.
Danut.
Only available for Server (not Cloud)
User Custom Fields for JIRA Cloud has been released. SeeĀ https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.stonikbyte.jira.custom.fields.plugin/cloud/overview
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.