We are considering moving from a GCP hosted Confluence Server instance to Confluence Date Center in Azure and I'd like to know if it's an option to create a full export from the Confluence Server site and then to import that file into the Confluence Data Center instance in Azure.
Hello @Tom Sloan ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Here are instructions for importing a Confluence site from an XML backup. Be aware of the caveats (e.g. both instances must be at the same version).
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restoring-a-site-152034.html
Hope this helps
Thanks, @Robert Wen_Cprime_
I am a bit confused by this statement in the article that you forwarded, though:
This would seem to indicate that you could import data from a previous version of Confluence.
Right. The instructions specify that the target Confluence instance must be at the same version of Confluence or newer than the source Confluence instance.
Just to be sure, I like to make sure both instances are at the same version (my rule, not Atlassian's)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.