Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to automatically change the status of a service desk issue when someone assigns themselves to the issue?
I'm not an authority, but from what I've seen on these forums, if you host your own instance on your computer and are savvy with scripting languages, you can do that and almost anything else.
If you use the cloud-hosted solution, however, you can't make that kind of customization.
Regards,
Jim
Thank you for your response
Jim is right - you'd want a listener to pick up "issue edited" and transition the issue through the right transition. Which you can't add to Cloud
What you could do is reverse it - have a workflow transition that sets the assignee to current-user, so when a user says "move to in progress", they don't have to think about assigning it to themselves.
Thanks but there are multiple members of the team so I just wanted the issue to simply move to the "working on it" status when anyone in the team assigns themselves to the issue.
Seems like a simple piece of logic that has been be implemented into Jira?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.