The problem is easily reproduced in the issue navigatior.
If I search by assignee = current user and Resolutions = 'unresolved', I cannot see any jira that are assigned to me.
However further down the combo box of 'Resolutions', there is another option 'unresolved'. If I used that, a list of jira shows up.
I suspect it is a result of the existence of two workflows - the default 'jira' and my newly-created ad-hoc workflow. I assoicated an ad-hoc workflow to my project (the one and only project). See the following two screen shot:


However, if I go to 'administration' and then 'workflows', I will see both workflows: 'jira' is shown as active while my ad-hoc is shwon as not acitve. See the following one

How can I correct the problem?
EDIT:
Additional screen shot (in response to Nikhil's answer):
The adhoc schema has already been associated with the project.

EDIT 2
