I have created the SSH key. That works. But a push is failing:
$ git push --set-upstream origin masterPassword for 'https://xxxxxxx@bitbucket.org': remote: Login failed due to incorrect login credentials or method.remote: If you are unsure of which login details or login method to use, visit:remote: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/log-into-or-connect-to-bitbucket-cloud/fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/xxxxxxx/repository.git/'
The support docs don't mention this error and if the account password doesn't work what else is there?
Thanks,
Al
I hadn't created an App Password at Account > Personal settings > App password. Once I had created one of these, and used that password the git push worked.
It might help if pages like https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/set-up-an-ssh-key/ had a list of related reading linking to articles like https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/using-app-passwords/.
@ovusense If you are using SSH, have you configured SSH keys on Bitbucket Application ?
It helps a lot! Thank you very much!
Yep, it works. Thanks a lot!
Thanks
Same problem @ovusense . I get this after a successful SSH key configuration. I even ran a successful:
% ssh -T git@bitbucket.org
% authenticated via ssh key.
% You can use git to connect to Bitbucket. Shell access is disabled
Did you solve this issue with apps like Fork, SourceTree, etc.? I think there is a SSH problem with running both github and bitbucket that I am not seeing right now.
i had the same problem.
to be able to clone using git, you should use app password and not your account password.
note: to get app password, login to your bitbucket account > click settings on top right > click personal bitbucket settiings > on the left naviigation click app password
create app password with relevant permissions, an app password string will be generated for you.
use this app password for your git logins
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.