Hi there,
I manage a Jira (and Confluence, BitBucket) instance that is used for students at a university in some of their software units. Currently, each student has a project in Jira and at the start of each term, the staff members who need access to various student projects for assessment purposes are given permission to access the projects at a project level.
I am currently writing an web app that pulls data from our enrollment system to automatically create student projects for new students and remove projects of past students. In the app, all projects are listed.
My app also manages the cPanel accounts we give to our students. In cPanel you can generate a temporary session id and a link to a cPanel account so that when the link is clicked the user is redirected to the cPanel account and is automatically logged in. This means staff can access their student's cPanel account without being added or having the login details.
I was wondering if something similar is possible in Jira?
Something along the lines of:
- adding the same user that is just for this purpose to all projects when they are created
- generating a session token or similar for that user
- using the token to authenticate with Jira so that when a staff member clicks on a link for a student project in my app they are able to access it without authenticating themselves
Is there any way I can do this?
Thanks!