I have a workflow and when I transition to the next step it has a popup screen for fields I want/need filled out however for some reason on two of the screens there is a comment field that I do not want to show how can I had that (it is now showing as being on the screen is the screens.
Comment field is shown on all screens to those users with comment issue permission. As far as I know you cannot remove it.
you can use properties in transitions and steps for deny access to the comment field:
key = jira.permission.comment value = denied
Fields where users haven't access, are not rendered
here you get also some help: http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status
It will work on the step, but does it work on the transition as well?
you can also use seperate screens for transistions - only the "system-assign" is more or less not customisable - but you can set the permission for assign to denied and create a own assign as a workflowstep
I know that I can use different screens in transitions, but they all will show the comment field. And that is what Michelle does not want. So if you deny the comment issue permission on a step, the users will still have this permission during the transition and then they see this comment field (if a screen is used in this transition), or?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.