Hi team,I'm trying to achieve automatic creation of Opsgenie alerts when messages are received on a Slack channel.Any help would be really appreciated here.
Hi @aryanp ,
That is possible using the /genie commands which work with the Opsgenie-slack integration.
The message would need to be formatted correctly. To create an alert you would post a message using this format in your slack channel:
/genie alert [alert message] for [team1,team2,user1..]
Hi @John M Thank you for the response.However, I wanted to know if there is a way to automate the creation of OpsGenie alerts from Slack .Or in other words, for each message that is received on a Slack channel, a corresponding OpsGenie alert should be automatically created without any manual intervention.Just checking if this is supported currently?
Hi @John M Can you also help me with another query?I am receiving an alert from a source in Opsgenie and I want that all the alerts from that source should be routed to a particular team?How can this be achieved?
Hi @aryanp
Creating alerts based on Slack messages that are not /genie commands message is not something that is supported but may be possible with a third-party integration like Zapier: https://zapier.com/apps/slack/integrations/opsgenie
For your second question, you can route alerts from a specific source to a particular team by adding a global policy that uses a "source" filter and specifies the team as a responder:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.