I tried to use the upgrade path when I was moving our JIRA server to 7.0.2 although this didn't work out that well and was getting error 500 and some LDAP issues so decided to go for a new install.
I now have a new install of JIRA 7.0.2 and did create a new DB during the install phase (couldn't connect to the old one since it had data a per the install message) but since I wanted my old data back I change the dbconfig to point to the old Database. Will this be an issue? Has the DB schema changed a lot? I couldn't see instructions on how I can upgrade the postgres DB if the schema has changed.
(Note: I did notice issues after the install, as there are tasks assigned to me but I cannot see these on my dashboard until I unassigned a task and then re-assigned the same task back to me, not sure if this is due to me connecting to the old database)
My second question is in regards to the boards tab (to see the agile management view), I created an cloud account on JIRA and I can see this tab by default but on my personal server I cannot seem to see this tab, is there something I need enabled? I thought with a new install of JIRA 7.0.2 it will have the agile functionality as its comes part of 7?
Not sure if this will help, I am using an evaluation license but my company has got the new licenses which we are going to install as soon as I can get JIRA to be configured.
Thanks