Hi *,
I've the challenge to import one JIRA project (~3k issues) from one JIRA (6.0) to another JIRA (5.1.x) at short-term. Updating the 5.1.-version is not a short-term option.
Afaik, the project-import from XML-backup seems to be not possible as of the missing downwards-compatibility of the exported data.
Our first approach was to have a CSV-export of all 3K issues, manual copying the attachments, modification of the csv (adding the attachments, see here). I am aware that this has a lot of prerequisites (users, customfields, resolutions, links, etc. have to be considered).
But then we realized that we cannot be the only/first ones, having this challenge and so I want to ask if there is no easier solution on simply getting only issues and attachments migrated from JIRA 6 to JIRA 5.
Acceptance criteria for receiving the karma-bounty:
Provide an easy technical solution which allows us to move 3K issues (incl. attachments) from JIRA 6 to JIRA 5.