On the active sprint page, click Issue, and the issue details page will appear on the right. The options of issue transition are hidden too deeply. How to add a transition button on the issue details page on the right.
Hi @hcy
I'm guessing you're using a server install?
On cloud , this issue details appear in a modal dialog with the transition button.
On server, you either have to open the ticket or use the ... menu extension to get to More Actions with the transition options.
However if you are on a board you can can simply transition by dragging the issues to the appropriate column mapped to a status. If there is more than one status mapped to a column you will see choices presented as boxes in the column.It's possible for statuses to be unmapped and not available this way, although I don't recommend setting up boards this way.
Thank you for your reply:
now we use jira v7.3.7.
more than one status mapped to a column, what`s the boxes in the column, i can`t find it.
Whenever I transition issue, I need to click on the issue details page on the right ,then click ... menu, It is too complicated for users to implement this operation by using more action in.
we need a transition button in the detail page, is there anyway to achieve it?
There isn't a mechanism to control the placement of the transition button on the board issue details display. You can only select the fields used via the boards Issue Detail view configuration.
Re transitioning
Are you able to mouse drag issues to other columns? Where there is more than on choice you should see them shown as 'boxes' to drag too like the image below. If there are any workflow conditions, validators or transition screens they will be applied. My version is 9.3 but I don't believe this is new behaviour.
We really want to achieve this effect, but when I drag issues, there are no multiple boxes in the one column. I don't know whether it is a version problem. Can i see how your board is configured(one column multiple status)?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.