Summary
I'm having a problem where my phone and email inbox are getting many, many alerts for cards with due dates in 24 hours, and I'm confused about why.
Have I found a bug? Am I misunderstanding a feature? Or am I just confused?
The details
I have a board that I'm watching, on which some cards have due dates (and times). Those cards with due dates have a due date reminder setting, mostly either "None" or "At time of due date." A few are set up so that the reminder is sent some number of minutes or hours ahead of the due date/time.
So far, this all works great. For the cards that are set up with a reminder "at time of due date" (or some number of minutes/hours ahead of time), I get a reminder by email and via the Trello app on my phone (Android app v2022.14.4.2223 running on a Pixel 4a with Android version 13, last updated Oct. 5, 2022).
Next, I have a Butler rule set up that says:
when a card with a due date is added to the board, move the due date to the same day next week
So far, this also works great. It means that I can copy a list of cards with tasks that were due today, for example, and anything with a due date has the due date automatically pushed out a week.
Six days later, however, I start getting notifications for the cards with a due date the next day.
For. Every. Single. Card.
A few things are confusing:
- The cards' reminder settings seem to have been copied across correctly. They're mostly either "None" or "At time of due date."
- I get due date reminder notifications 24 hours ahead of the cards' due dates.
- I don't get due date reminder notifications at the time they're configured to be sent.
Conclusion
What I'd expect to happen is that the card's due date and due date reminder settings are copied when the new cards are created by copying a list... and that then the due date reminders fire based on those settings.
What seems to be happening instead is that the cards' settings are being copied correctly but the due date reminders are firing based on some default setting.
Have I found a bug? Am I misunderstanding a feature? Or am I just confused?