Hi,
I've been tasked to clean up our users and groups in JIRA Data Center. By "Clean Up" I mean to archive or eliminate users and/or groups that are no longer in use. I'm trying to see if there are a set of best practices or other guidelines for doing so. Here are some details of what I see in front of me now....
- Total number of users (Active and non-Active): 1435
- Total number of Groups (Active and Non-Active): 62
- Groups can have multiple users
- A user can be a member of multiple groups
- A group can have a number of users, whether they are active users or not. I need to be able to remove those inactive users without disrupting the group or active members.
I'm hoping there are some set of guidelines or best practices, or even some automated process that will help me in getting this done.
Thought?
Karl
- learning how to be a Jira Admin