Hello,
I am looking to set my due date field in Jira automation so it takes the value in start date and adds 7 days. Mind helping me out?
Here is what I tried (which didn't work obviously):
Thanks for your time.
Hi Jonathan,
Can you share the entire rule?
Are you updating the Due Date based on the Start Date in the same issue? Or from a Trigger issue? Because what you have should work in the same issue. Otherwise you should use
{{triggerissue.startDate.plusDays(7)}}
Hi @Jonathan Smith
What is the trigger?
Tim
Try this
{{triggerIssue.startDate.plusDays(7)}}
Same issue. Parent's due date should be based on the parent's start date+7.
I am planning to remove due date from the create screen, but want it filled out and available in view/edit.
Trigger did not work.
Hi @Tim Perrault ,
See above.
Thanks!
{{sprint.startDate.plusDays(7)}}
So you would not use triggerissue in this case because it is the same issue.
And if you just use issue.startDate then it does not work either?
I would suggest using the ID of the custom field then. The syntax would look like:
{{issue.customfield_10779.plusDays(7)}} where 10779 in this example is the value of the Start Date field. To find that, go to Settings > Issues > Custom Fields.
Search for the field. Then click the 3 dots menu on the right hand side and select Contexts and Default Value. Then look at the URL to find the ID.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.