Hello All -
I recently inherited a Jira project that I am responsible for administering from here on out, I noticed something odd in the Roles > View Project Roles section in the project settings.
In addition to users who have manually been added and assigned to roles in the project, there are groups that have been added to the Users and Roles section as well.
These groups also exist outside of the specific project that I am looking at, and can be found in the User Management section in Jira. Even more odd, I notice that not all of the users within the group in the User Management section are part of the group in the project.
I'm at a loss to understand how groups in the Jira User Management section have been added to the project, as well as how/why not ALL of the users in those groups are not in the same group within the project.
Does anyone maybe have any insight here?