I like using the "Time in Status" gadget in Jira and want to confirm my understanding how it calculates when an issue type is changed.
We have an "Intake" issue type that has a simple workflow - New, In Progress, Wait. My process is:
- someone requests something or I have an idea - create an intake
- once I've fully researched the intake and it's ready for refinement, I move it to Epic issue type
Our Epic issue type has an 'In Progress' status also. As you can guess, 'In Progress' for an intake is different than 'In Progress' for an Epic. The former means 'discovery in progress by PM' where the latter is 'Development in progress'.
I'm really only interested in knowing status once something moves to Epic. When looking at the time in status for epics, will it also add the time in 'In Progress' status while it was an intake issue type or, will it only show the 'In Progress' time while the issue was an Epic issue type?