Hi everyone, I'm not sure if the request below is possible but any advice or guidance would be really helpful.
I am trying to create a numerical value that can be used as a unique identifier when a ticket is created.
We have two ticket types within our project:
- New Demand
- Sub Tasks
I would like that upon transition, only new demand tickets are allocated a numerical value, which increments by 1 each time a subsequent ticket is taken through the transition.
e.g. ticket 1 given value 1, ticket 2 given value 2 and so on.
Ideally, I would use key but I am looking to exclude sub-tasks from this, therefore currently key gives an order that jumps dependent on number of sub-tasks created between new demand tickets.
Our Jira instance doesn't have the ability to create a variable which has stumped my progress.
I have tried searching existing posts with the closest match being here with an answer from Bill Sheboy: Solved: Increment data number on summary field when a new ... (atlassian.com)