Hi,
I'm upgrading a 3.13.5 JIRA to 5.2.10.
The first step is to import an ORACLE 9i dump into a ORACLE 11G in test environment.
We have problems with some columns size like :
ORA-12899: value too large for column "JIRADB"."CUSTOMFIELDVALUE"."STRINGVALUE" (actual: 260, maximum: 255)
ORA-12899: value too large for column "JIRADB"."JIRAISSUE"."SUMMARY" (actual: 267, maximum: 255)
IMP-00019: row rejected due to ORACLE error 12899
IMP-00003: ORACLE error 12899 encountered
ORA-12899: value too large for column "JIRADB"."CUSTOMFIELDVALUE"."STRINGVALUE" (actual: 260, maximum: 255)
Column 1 15169056
Column 2 394725
Column 3 11333
Column 4
Column 5 content-content-content...
Column 6
Column 7
Column 8
Column 9
I found this bug :
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-12304
Would it be ok if I apply these queries on the ORACLE 9i instance before extracting the dump? :
ALTER TABLE CUSTOMFIELDVALUE MODIFY (STRINGVALUE VARCHAR2(255 CHAR));
ALTER TABLE JIRAISSUE MODIFY (SUMMARY VARCHAR2(255 CHAR));
I would like to modify the ORACLE 9i instance in order not to have to apply these ALTER TABLE during the production upgrade.
Another solution would be to modify the dump, but it would still require a manual intervention on the production upgrade D-day.
Thanks for your advices to resolve this problem.
Cheers