Hi,
Is there a safe and easy way to add emoticons to Confluence, ideally with character combinations? We would create traffic light symbols, for instance.
I've had a try at added them into both a default confluence install and a theme plugin with no success so far. I think it may be to do with the "magic" numbers created for each of the images when the product is initially built. I'm going to keep trying to find a way to do it though
This page explains how to insert the standard emoticons and what their character combinations are. Knowing how to extend that with your own custom emoticons would be interesting for me as well.
Thanks for the link. When I scrolled through the comments I found Sarah's remark that it's not possible to add emoticons to the Confluence emoticon panel. Maybe we can use a custom macro to insert some small image but I have no idea how this is done.
In Confluence 4.x, a macro like this should do it:
## Macro title: TrafficLight ## Macro has a body: No ## Body processing: No macro body <ac:image> <ri:attachment ri:filename="<insert here the filename of the image>"> <ri:page ri:content-title="<insert here the name of the page the image is attached to>" ri:space-key="<insert here the name of the space the page resides in>"/> </ri:attachment> </ac:image>
You can find more information on how to create a custom user macro here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Writing+User+Macros.
Hi Kirstin, thanks a lot for the macro. I tried this, and it works very well.
Cheers
@Kirstin Seidel-Gebert. Thanks for the code but unfortunately, it does not work with Confluence 5.7.1.
Does anyone has an example that will work with Confluence 5.7.1? Thanks.
Hello Hsein,
we're still on Confluence 5.5, but it should work there.I don't know why I wrote "Confluence 4.x" in my comment. This is probably a typo and should have been 5.x.
What problems do you have?
Cheers,Kirstin
Page Not Found
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.