How can this "project = "proj" and fixVersion in unreleasedVersions()" returns 50 matching issues but "project = "proj" and fixVersion = earliestUnreleasedVersion()" returns none?
Hey!
What is happening is that probably the project you are searching doesn't have any bug or issue marked with the earliest fixed Version, so the query isn't going to return anything, because you are comparing only with the earliest unreleased version, and not on all unreleased Versions.
Best regards,
Pietro T. Schaff
Thanks Pietro. I already figured what you just said but I was not understanding how the earliest unreleased version was "calculated". Anyhow, with your answer, it helped finding out the earliest unreleased version was the one at the bottom of the list and not the one at the top...
Thanks,
Philippe
Ensure that your "Versions" which are defined in the "Releases" section are positioned with the NEXT/"EARLIEST" Release being positioned at the BOTTOM of the list and the FURTHEST/LATEST Release from today's date is positioned at the TOP, with all others being properly positioned in between those.
i.e.
Top Down should read - Last (furthest) Release to Earliest (next) Release
Holy Cow! this is very important information. Never would have guessed it had to do with *position* of the version in the list of versions and nothing to do with calendar dates. I can't imagine this would not be called a bug.... what am I missing?
Hi @Craeg Strong
I agree that this is clearly not an intuitive design... And others agree, as you can find in the suggestions and defects searched for below:
https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/?jql=project%20IN%20(JRACLOUD%2C%20JSWCLOUD)%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20summary%20~%20release%20AND%20summary%20~%20%22order%22%20ORDER%20BY%20Key
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.