Hi Team,I am new to scriptrunner.what is Difference between getValue() and getFormValue() in Scriptrunner, Behaviour?Thanks.Regards,Saqib Dar
getValue() gives you underlying objects from java, e.g. ArrayList<Option>
getFormValue() gives you the string representation of the values, e.g. [Apples, Oranges]
See the API help page: https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4js/7.2.0/features/behaviours/api-quick-reference?utm_source=product-help
@Radek Dostál thanks mate
Eh, I just checked the page I so gloriously linked, it's pretty unclear there but I still recall getting options from getValue() at some point.
In case you come across something you aren't quite sure of, I do something like this to "debug" the values in the description:
def description = getFieldById("description")// whatever I am debugging, e.g.def myField = getFieldById(getFieldChanged())def myFieldValue = myField.getValue()//now we can look what's insidedescription.setFormValue(myFieldValue.toString() + " .. " + myFieldValue.class.getSimpleName())//and in case of lists, like multi selects, components and whatnotdescription.setFormValue(myFieldValue.class.getSimpleName() + "<" + myFieldValue?.first().class.getSimpleName() + ">")
I wrote this manually just now so I hope there's no typo, but this is the way how I was able to figure out what objects I'm working with, on a few occasions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.