Hello! Fairly new to Confluence, experienced JIRA (user and admin.)
We are setting up a proof of concept to use Confluence as a requirements repository. I've created templates for some of our standard deliverables. We have a need to add attributes to the documents created via the templates.
I created a user macro that creates drop down lists for the user to fill in - but the downside is that the value is searchable when it's just text typed in a confluence page, but not when it's created via the macro.
(Example: A field we need is Product. The user macro presents options Product A, Product B, Product C. When I search "Product A" the page created with the macro does not appear. Ideal scenario would be able to search "Product: Product A" but even a search result of "Product A" would be helpful.)
I know the best way to collect data attributes like this is via labels, but I'm not sure we can expect our new to Confluence users to consistently add the correct labels (I've embedded static ones within the templates).
Ideally, I'd like the macro values to be searchable. Another idea I searched for was forcing the addition of labels, or converting text to labels but I'm coming up short on all my ideas.
Thanks for any help you can throw my way.