I am trying to update a custom fields from Python and i am getting Error 400 Can not deserialize instance of java.util.ArrayList out of START_OBJECT token
the field i am trying to update from the jason file is the "value" and the " id" under the value.
"customfield_11723": {"self": "https://ies-valor-jira.ies.mentorg.com/rest/api/2/customFieldOption/16315","value": "MDM","id": "16200","disabled": false,"child": {"self": "https://ies-valor-jira.ies.mentorg.com/rest/api/2/customFieldOption/18305","value": "SPEA","id": "18305","disabled": false
I tried to use the following but getting the error, not sure what is not correct in my syntax.
payload = {'update': {"customfield_11723":{"value" : "SF_Drivers", "id":"16315"}}}
Hi @nir eyal
What are you trying to do ? Update a custom field value for an issue or update the configuration of the custom field itself?
Hi @Florian Bonniec
I tried to update the value of the custom field , it turn out I only needed to update the "id" field and the name changed accordingly and was able to get it by using "set":
'customfield_11723': [{'set': {"id":"16162"}}
thank you for your response.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.