I've tried a few ways to start/stop jira and neither are working. For starters, here's my UD script that initially installs and starts Jira
echo "===== Downloading Jira ====="
cat <<\EOF >> ~/jira.varfile
app.confHome=/var/atlassian/application-data/jira
app.install.service$Boolean=false
portChoice=custom
httpPort$Long=8080
rmiPort$Long=8443
launch.application$Boolean=false
sys.adminRights$Boolean=true
sys.confirmedUpdateInstallationString=false
sys.installationDir=/opt/atlassian/jira
sys.languageId=en
EOF
echo "done"
echo "===== Modify Jira Permissions ====="
chmod +x ~/jira.bin
echo "===== Start Jira Install ====="
sudo ~/jira.bin -q -varfile ~/jira.varfile
sudo /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/startup.sh
echo "===== Cleaning up Jira Files ====="
rm -f ~/jira.bin
rm -f ~/jira.varfile
chmod 750 /opt/atlassian/jira/logs/
I tried a few things to manually stop Jira from the terminal:
1. sudo /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/stop-jira.sh
which returned:
executing using dedicated user
`sMMMMMMMMMMMMMM+
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
:sdMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMM
`sMMMMMMMMMMMMMM+ MMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM +MMMMM
:sMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMM
MMMMMM `UOJ
`sMMMMMMMMMMMMM+ MMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM +MMMMM
:sdMMMMMMMMMM MMMMM
MMMMMM `UOJ
MMMMMM
+MMMMM
MMMMM
`UOJ
Atlassian Jira
Version : 8.19.1
If you encounter issues starting or stopping Jira, please see the Troubleshooting guide at https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/jadm-docs-0819/Troubleshooting+installation
Server startup logs are located in /opt/atlassian/jira/logs/catalina.out
Using CATALINA_BASE: /opt/atlassian/jira
Using CATALINA_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jira
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/atlassian/jira/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/
Using CLASSPATH: /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Using CATALINA_OPTS:
Using CATALINA_PID: /opt/atlassian/jira/work/catalina.pid
cat: /opt/atlassian/jira/work/catalina.pid: Permission denied
PID file found but either no matching process was found or the current user does not have permission to stop the process. Stop aborted.
2. I tried to switch user to Jira and run the same command, but now it's asking me for a password?
[sudo] password for jira:
I don't have a password set, so I tried no password and it didn't work.
3. I tried the standard systemctl stop jira and got:
Failed to start jira.service: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files
What else can I do to get Jira to stop/start from the terminal?