How do i move a JIRA ticket and its attchaments to a sharepoint folder ?
Thanks
Tony
Hi Tony, what do you mean by "move". In this context , to me, "move" translates to removing an issue from Jira and having it somehow appear in SharePoint. SharePoint is a document repository while an issue it's not a document. I don't understand the use case here and don't know of any means of moving a Jira issue to Sharepoint. Can you explain the format of an issue in SharePoint? Maybe it is somehow converted to a PDF and store in SharePoint?
Hello Jack,
Ok, i guess you could call it 'Copy' instead of 'Move'.
Reason is we are going to a different way of working soon and i want to take all my JIRA cases and make a folder for each JIRA case in a certain Sharepoint we have.
I know there is a way to export a JIRA case to a Word document but i cannot do it in batch and i could, it would create all the Word documents in one folder and would then have to move those Word documents in their respective Sharepoint folder according to their JIRA #. Of course, i would like to keep all attachments in the JIRA being 'Copied' in their sharepoint folder as well.
So you see, i'm just trying to have eveyrthing copied From JIRA to Sharepoint folders so we don't lose everything later.
I don't know of any means of exporting to Sharepoint. Have you considered exporting to CSV/Excel/Sheets? That provides the best means of importing IMO. You might also consider a full XML backup.
I don't know of any means of exporting to SharePoint. I would suggest that you consider exporting to CSV, Excel, or Sheets. These provide, IMO, the best options for later, using to import.
Yes, i saw all those options but i really have to move those in their respective folder after they are backed up in whatever format and the biggest problem i have is to copy all their included attachments in those same folders.
I guess there's no easy way out still.
Maybe we'll have an easy solution when we send men to Mars...in a few years ;O)
Thanks again Jack !
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.