Hello,
I'm trying to set up a standard webhook in my repo from Bitbucket (server) to post notifications to a Slack channel.
I have tested curl to the Slack channel and confirmed it works correctly and therefore is configured on the Slack side correctly. (I tried from the Slack side both via custom integration and via Slack apps)
However, when I try to test the webhook, or make a repo change that should trigger the webhook, the webhook fails with a 400 response code and either the message "no text" or "missing_text_or_fallback_or_attachments".
Investigating further, looks like communication to Slack is working but the payload from Bitbucket is not.
Has anyone run into this problem and found a solution?
Please note, I cannot use the Slack Integration add-on because my bitbucket server is behind a firewall and NOT accessible from the internet. Though, I'm not sure if it's possible to still use the slack integration minus the Slack to Bitbucket communication. If anyone has tested that, let me know as well.
For what it is worth, I followed the instruction here to set up the custom Slack app and use a webhook to it from Bitbucket:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/slack/use-slack-and-bitbucket-server-together-974387205.html
This document states: "you are still able to setup a limited connection with Slack by creating a custom Slack app that will give you notifications from Bitbucket to Slack. See how to create an app below in this page."
Thanks for any input.