We are trying to use the Insight Discovery utility to form part of our onboarding process for network devices and we are hoping to be able to automate the process so the Jira ticket prompts the scan of the device and then the asset it created and so on.
We are having issues trying to run the scan (discovery.exe -rs 10.1.1.1) using one of Ansible Windows modules. So far I have tried win_shell, win_command and win_powershell and all give me the same result.
With max verbosity enabled the playbook finishes but the stdout states "cannot start service from the command line or a debugger. A Windows Service must first be installed (using installutil.exe) and then started with the serverexplorer, windows services administrative tool or the Net Start command."
I've tried it both with the Insight Discovery service installed and not installed and get the same result regardless.
I feel this should be simple and straightforward but I'm getting nowhere fast at the moment.