We have a Confluence server instance where our division in our organization has full access. We have SSO enabled and we utilize our org LDAP to easily pull user and group information. On occasion we have a need to give someone outside of our division permission to access one Space in our Confluence instance. To prevent those people from seeing all of our Confluence content, we simply do not add them to the confluence-users group. Instead we assign those individuals to have permissions in the desired space only; after they use SSO to log in for the first time, then I can select them as individuals in the Space permissions. This has been working great.
Recently I needed to add a couple of people outside of our department to only see one space. Those people were all in a group that is read from our LDAP instance. To save time I decided to use the group appearing in Confluence to assign permission to the space. But the people could not access the space. Space permissions only worked when they were added individually.
Has anyone else run into issues with Space group permissions not working?
Does anyone know if group permissions only work for users who are also in the confluence-users group? I've never had trouble using the group permissions for anyone within our division when using groups associated with teams in our division (who are in the confluence-users group).
Thanks,
Jack