The View Statuses screen seems to have no discernible sort order for statuses. New statuses are just lumped at the bottom. I think. I have no idea, but they are not in any USEFUL order.
JIRA added sorting to statuses in JIRA 6.3.8. You find the request here – https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5189, Closed as Fixed.
This functionality was added when statuses were changed from the older [icon] Label format to the BlueLozenges with category format.
[icon] Label
What version of JIRA are you on?
In JIRA Administration > Issues > Statuses, you should be able to sort all statuses. This is good because all statuses are just appended to the bottom of the list so if you don't sort them, issue sorting by status is really weird.
We're on 6.0.8
Was this really solved? We are on JIRA 7 and statuses are still in random order. We use workflows a lot, and we have a lot of statuses. It should not be a problem for Atlassian right?
Thanks,Ewa
Sort them. They are sortable. You have to sort them.
How?
Go to the statuses screen and use the arrows to sort them.
It's still open, no clean way to sort statuses as of now in Jira.
I've opened ticket to request alphabetical sorting. It can be the only way, or just one of the options. JIRA has a lot of ways to sort things.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-67549
Our Jira instance has 100's of statuses, and no one has ever maintained their sort. It would be nice to be able to edit the Sequence # rather than having tip click up/down hundreds of times for each one or going into the DB to update everything.
Or even a drag/drop interface would make this easier to use.
Agree. It should be easier. Unfortunately I have taken on JIRA by another team who did not understand how to set it up properly so there is hundreds of statuses. I cannot start removing them just yet. I need to sort the existing ones.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.