l have installed Jira with German a server language. The date picker uses German month names, but the validation on submit still want the default English names.
Is there away to fix this?
Regards
Matthias
What validation are you doing?
Also, have you checked all the language and date formatting settings in Admin -> general config (and under the advanced settings in there too)?
For example, l have tried to add a new version to my project. I have selected start and end date with help of the datepicker. He fills the fields in configured format. When I hit the create button it is blocked with the message that I have to enter in d/MMM/yy format.
After that l have reconfigured the formating according to the link below (German), but the message stayed the same.
http://www.communardo.de/home/techblog/2013/06/21/jira-datumsformate-auf-deutsche-syntax-umstellen/
Ok, so what exactly are the steps you do to fill in the date? What dies it display as you go through the process, and does it work if you type the date in the English contractions?
I think I can't add images to a comment, so please see my step by step screenshots in this answer.
Please note that the wrong url warning in the first screenshot, is not the trigger.
Step1.pngStep2.pngStep3.pngStep4.pngStep5.pngStep6.pngStep7.png
Obsolete. See comment in accepted answer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.