We have been running Jira (server) for more than a year without much issues.
This week we installed Confluence on the same server and tried to configure Confluence logins to use the Jira credentials from our Jira server.
During the process of configuring Confluence (I can't provide details as I was not the one who did this step) it seems that we managed to completely break the ability to login to Jira resulting in a 500 error page from `plugins/servlet/samlconsumer`.
From what I can tell, the Jira database still contains data but I noticed that the cwd_user table is completely empty and that feels wrong to me.
We provision users from LDAP but Jira authentication happens through SAML SSO (with Azure AD as the SAML provider). Shouldn't the cwd_user table show the users who have logged in with SAML (I really have no clue what this table is supposed to have in it).
Long story short, I'm pretty sure it was the Confluence configuration step that broke our Jira logins, but I have no idea how to fix it...
Any clues would be appreciated.