Hi. We are using a canned response in our Service Management tickets that identify if a resource is required from certain partner groups and looks similar to this:
This project may require a:
[] - Corporate Security Resource
[] - Firewall Resource
[] - Performance Management Resource
I would like to create a rule based on whenever an "x" is inserted in between the brackets then trigger an email based on which group needs to be engaged. It will basically involve that when the comment is edited, as per below then send an email to our Corporate Security team to assign a resource
This project may require a:
[x] - Corporate Security Resource
[] - Firewall Resource
[] - Performance Management Resource
The JQL statement I used is pretty basic, whenever a comment is edited and labels = ICN_Test AND Comments ~ "\\[X\\] - Corporate Security Resource" send the email
It's not working in my testing and this seems to be the only way I can query something that uses special characters. Any other changes I'm making to try and select the specific criteria is failing.
I'm able to trigger other rules when Comments field changes but they do not involve [ ] symbols. Thank you