Hello Atlassian Community,
I am utilizing a nice guide found here: Using generate next number IFTTT rule to have sequence numbers per day - Vertuna WIKI - ConfiForms for generating an autonumber that resets each day, however, is there a way to format it so it is always 2 digits?
Right now it outputs 1,2,3,4
But I would like it to output 01,02,03,04.
Is this possible leveraging what is basically a copy-paste of the provided example? Thank you!
You can use formatNumber function by setting the ConfiForms Field macro's field name parameter to seqNo.formatNumber(00) when rendering the value of a seqNo field
Hi Alex,
I feel like this is the right way, but I am having trouble getting it to work. Here is the layout of my current setup (only difference is "531" is added to the SeqNo) along with the views of the 3 macros in order.
The first standout is that I don't have a macro that only gives me "Confiforms Field Macro" Currently, when I get the email, it is still showing single digit numbers with no leading "0" for those single digits (though the email has "[entry.SeqNo531]" with nothing added.
I am wondering if I should be putting this in the highlighted section for "Override output format" or if I am just setting it up incorrectly. Thank you!
Not sure why you use [entry.field_name] notations and not ConfiForms Field macros, but… the functions can of course be used there as well
so just put [entry.SeqNo531.formatNumber(00)]
I added that line in the email output and now when the email comes in, the sequence number is blank.
Here is a look at the body of the email with the circled part being the main piece of interest. Basically, it does a Julien Calendar number, adds a selection, then creates a tracking number that resets each day. So far it works minus the double digit part, however, if I try to use the format line, the email blanks out the SeqNo531 part. Sorry if I am doing something dumb, just trying to figure out why it is so close but not cooperating.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.