Does the community have a best practice or recommendation for cancelling a project within Atlas? The use case is: a project is so far "Off Track" that the team decides to cut their losses and pull the plug. (i.e. cancel the project without finishing it.)
I see the following project statuses in Atlas:
- Off track
- At risk
- On track
- Pending
- Paused
- Completed
Ideally, I would want to see "Cancelled" in that list. In lieu of that status, what's the next best thing? Some ideas I've considered:
- Marking as "Completed" and commenting that it's actually being cancelled. That will work, but it would be misleading to anyone who doesn't read the fine print.
- Marking as "Paused". This is misleading because the project will never be resumed.
- Marking as "Paused" and then archiving. This might be the best option so far...I just don't like that it will drop off the recent timeline view.
Edit: I think the same question applies to Goals in Atlas, as they share the same status list. How best to document a failed goal/objective? (If you're sufficiently aggressive, then sometimes you'll miss your goal, right? ;-) )