For some types of issue, showing the development panel is just noise.
(E.g. I want to show it for Bug, Story and Feature, but not others).
Can we make whether it appears dependent on issue type?
It's not simple, but it is possible.
You can configure the permissions based on workflow steps, so you can remove the "View Development Panel" permission in all steps from the other issue types' workflows, as detailed in http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.
In that case you can use the jira.permission.viewversioncontrol.denied property in the steps' properties.
I hope this helps!
Before I implement that, what manual steps can I experience what this would do, including any side-effects? Thanks, M.
I'm concerned that permissions apply to all issues in the same project. If so, changing project permissions based on an issue's status would unduly affect everything in the project and thrash the server.
Hello,
I have used a suggestion of @Matheus Fernandes and it works to me.
We have Epic Workflow and there was no need to have visible Development panel for Epic Issue Type, so I added the property to Workflow Steps (not transition).
Thanks a lot,
-Yana
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.