I have installed Bitbucket Server from scratch, version 7.21.3 on Windows Server 2016.
The installation is secured by using a non-default user account to run the BitBucket and ElasticSearch services, and Apache redirects http:7990 to https. Crowd is used for user authentication, and SSO is set up and working.
Bitbucket itself appears to be working without problems, however the ElasticSearch service does not start up properly.
When I start the ElasticSearch service, it stops again immediately, and reports the following error in atlassianbitbucketsearch-stderr.log:
org.springframeowrk.boot.web.server.PortInUseException: Port 7990 is already in use
Port 7990 is Bitbucket's default port, so it seems reasonable that this port is in use. I'm not sure why ElasticSearch is also trying to use it.
I have tried stopping Bitbucket, then starting ElasticSearch, then starting BitBucket again, and while ElasticSearch starts up and keeps running, obviously BitBucket does not.
I have bypassed Apache and returned to the original http:7990 set up, but I still have the same problem.
Any help on why is ElasticSearch trying to use Bitbucket's port, and how do I get around this so ElasticSearch runs properly would be appreciated!