I'm sure I've seen a reference to this before, but the searching is weak in this one at the moment.
Simple symptom - got some confluence pages which have labels. We want to remove a couple of them.
- We nip into "edit" mode, and delete the label, which vanishes off the labels line.
- Upon committing the edit (whether we've touched the body or not), the label comes back.
- Trying to rename the label to something else also fails - it appears to work until the change is committed, and then the old label reappears, alongside the new name
- Other new labels (including the results of failing to rename a label as above) can be removed fine
- Nothing shows in the logs
For info, we're on Confluence 3.4, but I'm sure I've seen it in 3.0 a while ago, and I'm sure I've seen a discussion about it
So, if someone could point me in the right direction for the discussions I seem to remember, and/or a fix, I'd be most grateful. Failing that, anyone know how to provoke the logs into telling me more?