Really liking Jira Work Management so far. The simplification of just tasks and sub-tasks I think will make it easier for my team to adopt.I'd love the ability to add different sub-task templates but don't think that's possible? I can create new issue types on the task level however.Is there a plugin or future or plan in the road-map to support this? Alternatively is there a way to populate the description field with pre-defined templates when editing?Thanks!
Hi @Brett Tomes
After reading your post, I assume you’re looking for the ability to configure different templates, which could then pre-populate fields values in different types of sub-tasks. If that’s the case, I believe that you may find our plugin beneficial, Issue Templates for Jira, however, I was wondering what is Jira hosting are you currently on?
Please let me know and I’ll be happy to share more details about our app’s capabilities.
Thanks in advance!Oliwia
@Brett Tomes
Hi! Here are the steps I took for my project to have different automated subtasks (basically, subtask templates):
To differentiate between Article and Essay in the automation, I added the Issue fields condition:
The full automation stream looks like this:
Not sure if this fully answers your question, but hopefully it's a step in the right direction!
Thanks for your reply Emma!Not quite was the workflow I was after.We tend to work with campaigns. So the campaign would be on the task level.Under a campaign there might be particular outputs such as brochures, posters etc, each of which would be a subtask. The type and amount of subtasks varies for each campaign (i.e it's never a set amount of outputs/sub tasks).For each of the subtasks we need a slightly different template or at the minimum a different default for the description field.
Ideally I'd have the ability to switch the issue type of the sub task, which would help set the default fields for that sub-task but that doesn't seem to exist.
Hi Oliwia,Thankyou for your reply.I think your plugin would indeed help us solve the issue however I don't think we could justify the price given we have a large amount of Jira users but this is only for a small select team.Was really hoping for an out of the box solution.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.