We have a Datadog -> Opsgenie integration, and have fairly verbose "notes" that are sent along with the alert to direct our engineers on next steps for any alert.
When the alert fires, this works great! Opsgenie gets the description and forwards it to the on-call engineer, and the post it makes to slack includes the notes that we've written.
When the alert closes, it seems that Datadog sends the same note along with the closure, and Opsgenie "updates" the slack post with the note content- which is just the same as it was before. It's kind of ugly in slack- we get the "system closed alert" message, which is nice. But immediately after get a "System added note" with a potentially big block of text- which as I mentioned is a repeat of the "when in alarm" instructions.
Can I configure the opsgenie-slack integration to not send notes on alert closure?
From the datadog side, I can reduce the size of the note by encapsulating it with {{#is_alert}} tags, but that only partially reduces the size of the post-close note.