I want to send all the issue attachments to an external service via REST post call. Any scripts this can be achieved?. Simply I want to send the attachments when in an issue attachments were added. The endpoints already provided by the external team need to send the form-date as files. Anyone please help me on this.
Hi @Aswin Dharmaraj
Could you please clarify what is the external service you are referring to? Is it Confluence?
Thank you and Kind regards,
Ram
External service its a stand alone application if we create a jira issue same will be created in that application. we need to send the attachment updates to then using the REST end point they provided. But we are stuck with the scripts that to get the attachments from jira and send via a http request.
If you intend to send a REST Request (whether it is GET, PUT, POST, or DELETE) to an external service, you need to do something like this example provided in the Adaptavist Library.
Using the REST Endpoint will not work for this. You could, however, try with the Listener, i.e. using the Issue Updated event.
I hope this helps to solve your question. :-)
Yes Ram, I was working on listener script only but the requirement to send the attachment, looking for a code that will fetch the attachment from Jira and send via POST request. How to construct a post request for form data and include the file in it. Some sample script I was working on now.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.