Hi,
I have a situation where I want to provide the ability for a user to create a sub-task prior to selecting what the parent task will be. This is an alternative to the current method of selecting a parent task and then going to 'Create sub task' in the parent task's action menu.
Currently, creating a new parent task is nice and easy. The user hits the 'CREATE' button at the top of the screen and fills out the details. I need this, plus one dropdown selection for example, for the creation of sub-tasks.
Here's my thinking:
User clicks a new 'CREATE SUBTASK' button
Dialog window opens with a drop down menu at the top.
The dropdown menu contains a list of parent tasks for which the creation of sub-tasks is available
User has to choose one of the parent tasks
User then continues to fill out task details as normal
Sub-task is created.
Does anyone know of a way to do this without too much development effort?
Thanks so much for any help you might be able to give.