I would like to make it easy for information to be added to our Confluence wiki by including a link from within one of our corporate systems. Ideally I would like to be able to hard code the first part of the link and then append each record name (produced by the corporate system) which then links to a wiki page of the same name. If the page already exists, it will open in Edit mode, but if the page does not already exist, then it creates it and opens it in Edit mode (just like an internal undefined page).
The link that an undefined page uses is in the format http://confluence.xxx.com/pages/editpage.action?pageId=1442146#. However, as the page has not already been created, we do not have an ID number. In any case, this means that we can't generate the links to the pages automatically either.
Is there a mode/setting that we can operate in that if you follow a link to a non-existent page, that rather than get a 'Page not found' message, a new page opens in Edit mode ready for adding content?
I hope I've explained this clearly - if not, please let me know.
Cheers
Kerrin