Hi,
I'm new to Stash, Git, and have limited experience with source code control. I installed Stash and Git on a server. I was able to add a Git repository for one of my existing projects, then clone that repository to Stash. So I think everything's working right, I'm just having a little trouble understanding conceptually how I should use everything. Right now I have a ton of source code with no control.
For example, if I want to work on one of my projects on my pc, and I've created a repository on my source code on the network, do I clone it to my pc, then clone it back to the network when I'm done, then clone it to Stash? Or should the entire repository be just in Stash, then I would clone it to my pc and back to Stash when I'm done?
I don't have a great understanding of how to use Git yet, but I wanted to have a more high level understanding of what I should be doing first. The existing documentation that I've found doesn't really answer what I'm looking for. Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me some ideas?
Thanks,
Scott