I have a requirement to produce a regular excel report from Jira. I see how I can manually export to excel from a filter and I see how I can schedule a filter to run regularly and email a text report to selected users. Is there a way to automate the filter to generate an excel report daily or weekly?
See here for the official Jira Cloud to Excel export: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221301/jira-cloud-for-excel-officialThis add-in supports scheduled refresh of Jira data in Excel.
Out of the box, JIRA offers email subscriptions. You can set email subscriptions on defined filters to send the results to designated email accounts at scheduled periods.
Perhaps, create some wget/curl scripts? Some examples here.
Something like this should work:
wget -O <friendly_name>.xls --ignore-length=on "http://<jira_server>/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-excel-all-fields/<filter_id>/SearchRequest-<filter_id>.xls?tempMax=1000&os_username=<username>&os_password=<password>"
Thanks so much for the wget posts! That worked perfect for me.
JIRA Command Line Interface has a getIssueList action that produces a csv file of issues from a filter or JQL query. The command can be added to any scheduler or automation you like. Excel will handle a csv file.
You can use eazyBI reporting application with JIRA integration which will perform regular JIRA import into eazyBI and then you can create reports, charts and dashboards from JIRA issues data. eazyBI provides also results export in Excel format.
Is this possible to export all issues from JIRA to excel sheet at regular intervals using eazyBI?
No, currently it is not possible to do automated exports at regular intervals. The main purpose of eazyBI is to create reports and charts for end-users, Excel export is just as add-on feature in some cases when you would like to use selected data for other needs.
Don't you need to be an admin to use this if the issue contains custom fields? (output 999)
When i execute this from command prompt in wget, i get this error message :
-O 1111.xls http://fffff.ffff.fffff.lcl/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-excel-current-fields/15860/SearchRequest-12345.xls?tempMax=1000&os_username=xxxx.xxx@ssss.com&os_password=password
'os_username' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'os_password' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
ANY HELP PLEASE ?
put quotes before http and at the end
You could consider using Google Spreadsheets, that could also allow you to do the emailing automatically.
http://www.littlebluemonkey.com/blog/automatically-import-jira-backlog-into-google-spreadsheet
where do you run this command? is there any pre-requisites?
link to examples is not working, can you please update?
Could you please answer Naresh's question? Thank you very much!
Hello @Justin Downing , could you please tell me where do you run this command?
Excel Automation Plugin for JIRA makes automatically generating Excel exports from JIRA easy.
The idea is that it integrates the super-awesome Automation Plugin (a visual automation framework) and Better Excel Plugin (a customizable Excel generator for JIRA), enabling to define simple if-this-happens-then-generate-email-or-save-an-Excel-spreadsheet type of rules. (See the screenshot below about configuring a rule.)
See this article for a tutorial.
jira-excel-automatic.png
Link to example doesn't show anything. Please update the link.
Hello Bob,
I am able to produce a csv file using getIssueList action. Can you please elaborate more on how to use this command so that I can automate it andmfiles are produced on a regular basis?
Does trail version has all the features. I don't see automation tab anywhere on ADMIN settings.
@Philipp Suchan Just out of curiosity: did you go ahead and accepted your own answer at every question you posted this new information to?
Also, is this not against the Community Guidelines of "No necroposting", aka In general, avoid posting on old threads (six months or more old) simply to promote your products?
It's something community members like me used to get called out, so we try not to do it. The guidelines articles does say that it's for Marketplace Vendors and Solution Partners, so I just would like to understand if there is a double-standard here and how seriously Atlassian takes its own guidelines.
How do you schedule the refresh data? In other words how do you automate it? All I see is the manual Refresh Data.
@Philipp Suchan Only the Google Sheets add on has the feature to automatically refresh data on a set schedule, how do we do this in the Excel version? I am in need of this feature to be able to use it in Excel online please...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.