Hi All,
we need a custom field which shows the date/time of the close of an issue. I know that the History tab shows the close issue date for each issue but we need the export a report which results the close date for all the issues.
How can we do that?
Thank in advance
Rumi
Create a Date custom field and capture the current date in the post function of Close transition using the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin (Update Issue Custom Field Value).
Why "Resolution date" standart field is bad?
That captures the date of resolution. Closed Date is the date when the issue is closed I guess? That is a different transition.
yes, Jobin has right: the resolution date is logged generally when the is RESOLVED.
I need the date captured when the issue is created.
Is it a date custom field or a date time field? Did you try both? Also check the version of the plugin. I have used it in the past but not in the latest versions.
Hi Jobin,
somehow it doesn't work:
I insterted %%CURRENT_DATETIME%% but it failed to update the field value.
I didn't find a tutorial for this plugin.
Can you please help?
now it works! Great!
The only problem that it set the field only in now...
do you know asolution which set the custom field in the past transitions also?
You know: the requesters need to do a monthly report tomorrow and needs these infos back from 1 month ago
Thanks again!
Hi Rumi,
Could you please let me know how you got the post function to update custom field with %%CURRENT_DATETIME%% work finally?. I added this post function to a transition to Closed status, but the status did not get updated. I am using On Demand version of JIRA.
image2015-6-3 14:40:17.png
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.