I am using rest API to edit a few custom fields in a Jira issue. I can do it successfully.
But when I create an issue of the same issueType with the same custom fields, I'm getting a screen error.
{
"errorMessages": [],
"errors": {
"customfield_32466": "Field 'customfield_32466' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.",
"customfield_32457": "Field 'customfield_32457' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.",
"customfield_32456": "Field 'customfield_32456' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.",
"customfield_32830": "Field 'customfield_32830' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.",
"customfield_32458": "Field 'customfield_32458' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."
}
}
Like most of you, I thought the Edit screen might have those fields but create not. But I was wrong. Both, the Edit Screen and the Create Screen have exactly the same fields allowed.
Further to that, we have a dev replica of the prod JIRA. It also has the same custom fields and screens. But there, I can create an issue with the above custom fields. I'm using the same request body for both dev & prod requests.
Does anyone have any further leads on it so that I can follow that to resolve this issue?