Hi,
I work with Sourcetree to do access and update repositories in Bitbucket. I usually dont have any problems pushing or pulling changes but now I suddenly get the error message saing authentication failed:
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks push -v --tags origin support-1:support-1remote: Bitbucket Cloud recently stopped supporting account passwords for Git authentication.remote: See our community post for more details: https://atlassian.community/t5/x/x/ba-p/1948231remote: App passwords are recommended for most use cases and can be created in your Personal settings:remote: https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/app-passwords/fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/rivta-domains/riv.clinicalprocess.healthcond.basic.git/'
I have tried reseting my app password and followed the instructions here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-articles/Bug-Fix-Sourcetree-for-Windows-authentication-error-when/ba-p/1965968 without any luck. I have also re-installed Sourcetree but nothing seems to work. Other people I work along side with have the same issue trying to work in our repositories.
Hi @Tobias Blomberg
Did you try the recommended article? https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-articles/Announcement-Bitbucket-Cloud-account-password-usage-for-Git-over/ba-p/1948231
Yes, I did. And it has worked fine with the app password until now.
Did you create a password on bitbucket?
Yes.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.