We are using Confluence 5.3.1. I have created a space. Now I want to make that space private. How do I change the space? I do not mean, btw, that I just want to restrict view and edit on the home page.
Check out https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Assigning+Space+Permissions
I seem to remember in earlier version when you created a space you could declare the space "private". From what I see in this documentation, you just control the View/Edit rights of Groups/Individuals. Am I correct?
I don't remember seeing an option to mark a space as private. But yes, you can control the permissions by adding/removing individuals/groups.
A private space is simply one where users are not granted view access. To make it private only grant yourself view access.
correct.
When a new space is first created a tick box below the 'space name' and 'space key' fields asks if you wish to make the space private.
How can I make a space private that is still created?
Correct me if I am wrong but you have the option during the original setup to make it private if you don't do the recommended install. Once it's set up I believe you then control privacy through permissions, correct?
Yes. You can just go to the space permissions and remove everyone but yourself. It will then be private to you ... that includes search results too. Keep in mind that a System Administrator can always grant themselves permission, but aside from that it would be private.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.